Monday 27 February 2017

Leaving a small mark..................



Leaving a mark........


A lot of people asked me if I am comfortable revealing all the personal medical information and  documenting my inner feelings and emotions along the way......

When I first knew about my diagnosis, I googled frantically for information. Guess what? the most important and relevant information to me were from blogs and personal accounts of cancer survivors! Nothing beats information coming from the mouth of the sufferer! There was this sigh of relieve, feelings that you are not alone, anticipation that you will be able to manage whatever that comes along, emotions of gratitude and that "I am ready"! All these personal accounts have definitely helped me cope with life post-diagnosis. I thought I should do the same, hoping someone out there will be happy reading this blog.

Documenting personal experiences is therapeutic. Writing down emotions and feelings as in keeping a diary helps overcome upsets, feelings of uncertainty & anxiety. Naturally, mindfulness set in, followed by acceptance.

This blog will also serve as a memory for myself as well as for my loved ones in the future.

No comments: